[Spambayes] hammie's dbm file has changed

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Mon Nov 18 02:48:46 2002

So then, Ranieri J D Severiano <rjdsnet@yahoo.com> is all like:

> ranieri@uyrapuru:spambayes$ ./hammie.py -s ~/Mail/bulkmail
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./hammie.py", line 497, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./hammie.py", line 459, in main
>     bayes = createbayes(pck, usedb, mode)
>   File "./hammie.py", line 401, in createbayes
>     bayes = pickle.load(fp)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/copy_reg.py", line 40, in _reconstructor
>     obj = base.__new__(cls, state)

Yikes!

I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything that would affect the way
pickles are stored (they don't use PersistentGrahamBayes or the DBDict
classes), but it sure does look like *something* has changed for you.

Unfortunately, SF CVS is down for the day, so I can't check to see
what's changed between those versions.

Could you try the same thing, importing load from pickle instead?  It
will give a better traceback.  I don't know enough yet about how the
pickling works to be able to diagnose this without some more information
first.

Neale