[Spambayes] Outlook users should update

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon Nov 18 07:17:38 2002

[Mark Hammond]
> And I just checked in a few changes too.  Of most note is that the
> plugin should correctly filter all "unread, unscored" messages in your
> watch folders at startup.  Works for me - let me know if it does
> for you too <wink>

I never had this problem, & am happy to report that I still don't <wink>.

One other change:  the new (and I hope temporary)
experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment option is enabled by default in
the Outlook client now (this is specific to the Outlook client:  it's
disabled by default for everyone else).

t won't do you any good (or harm ...) until you convince the client to
update probabilities, though.  You do *not* need to retrain your database
from scratch.  You just need to convince it to call the classifier's
update_probabilities() method once.  The easiest way to do that may be to
drag a ham to your spam folder, then select that ham in your spam folder,
and click "Recover from spam".