[Spambayes] Hammiefilter doesn't write out the pickle

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Mon Nov 18 16:54:56 2002

So then, Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim@fourstonesExpressions.com> is all like:

> I think applying your patch will break more things than it'll fix at
> the moment.  There's a lot of in-memory training that is done for
> testing purposes that's never saved, at least that's what I believe.

I'm not sure what you're thinking of here, but regardless of whether or
not there's wasted effort, unless the pickle is written out again, any
training is useless.  I've put a variation of Paul's patch in, and as
soon as SF CVS comes back up again, I'll check it all in.

> The Bayes.* classes have a load/store semantic, which is fully
> implemented for PickledBayes.  We can *probably* simply change
> hammie.createbayes to create a PickledBayes object instead of a Bayes
> object, and everything will work nicely.  I can't do that till the end
> of this week, though.  You might check with Neale and see what he
> thinks.

Neale thinks this is the right way to do it.  If the Bayes.* classes
write out their state on destruction, we can treat them all the same.
That's easy enough, just have them call self.store() in the __del__
method.

Neale will try and see if he can check in something that does that.
Neale's having problems with SF CVS today, though.

Yours truly,

Me