[Spambayes] Hammiefilter doesn't write out the pickle

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions tim@fourstonesExpressions.com
Tue Nov 19 00:10:47 2002

I think we've got some real potential for a great little api here.  I do have
some questions about the data storage.  We've agreed that an explicit store is
the way we want to go, which I think is correct.  However, dbm really doesn't
support this.  I fooled with a couple ideas (hacks) to make DBDict behave in a
load/store fashion, and the best thing I can come up with is to actually make
a working copy of the dbm file, which is then used for the session.  When
store() is called, the original is replaced with the working copy.   There are
some difficulties with this approach.  If store is never called, then there is
no guaranteed way to clean up the working copy.  Replacing the original with
the working copy may be a bit difficult, because dbm doesn't support a close
method...

SOOOOO... Tim Stone's question is: "Should I go ahead and do that?"

- TimS