[Spambayes] Outlook weirdness

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Wed Nov 20 09:04:18 2002

This morning I started Outlook. I hadn't upgraded spambayes - it's the
same version as yesterday. But the training data was completely gone!
The manager dialog said that there was no training data, and filters
were disabled.

But the pickle was there, and yesterday everything was working fine.
And even stranger, while I was watching a message came in and got
filed in "Unsure".

The only thing I can think of which may be relevant is that after I
had shutdown Outlook cleanly (or so it looked) last night, when I shut
my machine down, I got a message saying Outlook was not responding
and was being closed down. Looks like some form of rogue instance of
Outlook... Whether that had an effect, I don't know.

I'm sure all of these strange effects I get are related to my using
Exchange with Active Directory as my server, but I've no idea how to
diagnose them :-(

Paul.