[Spambayes] New web training interface for pop3proxy

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon Nov 25 15:59:57 2002

[Tim]
> IIRC, Paul is running on Windows.  If so, and he's picking up
> the ancient Berkeley 1.85 bsddb that ships with Windows Python,
> that's got lots of severe problems that will never be fixed:

[Moore, Paul]
> That's true. In the meantime, can I upgrade in a way which replaces
> the shipped DBM? If I install pybsddb, will it override the standard
> library version? If not, can I make it? Or would it be worth
> specifically looking for pybsddb, and using that in preference if it
> is present?

All fine questions.  I can't answer them (I'm not a bsddb user -- note that
I've stuck to dicts since day #1 here <0.9 wink>).  Asking on
comp.lang.python may get better answers, but before that I'd poke the
resources (mailing list, trackers) linked to from the project's home page:

    http://pybsddb.sourceforge.net/

"Download it and try it" is also a fine approach.