[Spambayes] Guidance re pickles versus DB for Outlook

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 04:13:29 2002

  TS> So, to deal with the outlook startup times, I wonder if there
  TS> are any partitioning schemes we can implement.  Perhaps we could
  TS> split the pickled stuff into partitions, based on spamprob
  TS> (perhaps), alphabetically, nham, whatever.  We could load a
  TS> small subset by default, and then load the whole thing later at
  TS> a user's request, or ... I don't know, I'm just thinking out
  TS> loud.

I wonder if there are any databases for Python that store objects as
pickles, but allow individual objects to be loaded on demand.  If the
applicatino runs for a while, perhaps it could cache the recently used
objects to make the application fast without leaving all the objects
in memory.

Put another way, I'd be interested to hear why you don't want to use
ZODB.

Jeremy