[Spambayes] Guidance re pickles versus DB for Outlook

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 04:56:20 2002

  TS> 11/25/2002 10:37:29 PM, Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net> wrote:
  >> [Tim Stone]
  >>> ZODB sounds ideal to me, and I'm all for it, but Tim1 is kinda
  >>> like "it doesn't ship till 2.3, so we're hosed till then..."
  >>
  >> It's a modern bsddb that doesn't ship on Windows before 2.3.
  >> ZODB is a different beast entirely,

  TS> Ah, got that wrong... so what are the issues around using ZODB?
  TS> distribution issues?  licensing a problem?

It's a big distutils package that users have to download and install.
License is open source -- Zope Public License.

http://www.zope.org/Products/StandaloneZODB

The Windows binary installer is 750KB.  The source release is 435KB.

Jeremy