[Spambayes] Guidance re pickles versus DB for Outlook

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 05:11:01 2002

  >> http://www.zope.org/Products/StandaloneZODB
  >>
  >> The Windows binary installer is 750KB.  The source release is
  >> 435KB.

  TS> Couldn't we just package it with spambayes?  Seems reasonable to
  TS> me...

There's certainly no license problem with that.  I don't what size
people would consider reasonable for a download.

There are also some operational problems that need to be solved for
ZODB.  On my machine, I'm running a ZODB server listening on a Unix
domain socket that all the pspam tools connect to.  I have to get the
server and the POP proxy started when my machine boots.  I also have
to do some database management.  The database grows by appending to the
end; occasionally you need to pack (delete) old copies of the data.

Jeremy