[Spambayes] Guidance re pickles versus DB for Outlook

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 16:58:06 2002

I just did a cvs update in spambayes and tried to restart my pspam
code, but nothing is working anymore :-(.  I'm sorry I haven't had
time to read every message on the proposed changes, but there's been a
flurry of activity and I've got a day job.

Anyway, here's a traceback.  Can anyone suggest quickly how I would
fix this?  The pspam code calls learn() for a bunch of messages and
then calls update_probabilities() at the end.  Is that the default
now?  Or is that a discontinued feature?  Are the APIs documented anywhere?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "update.py", line 61, in ?
    main(FORCE_REBUILD)
  File "update.py", line 49, in main
    profile.update()
  File "/home/jeremy/src/spambayes/pspam/pspam/profile.py", line 88, in update
    changed1 = self._update(self.hams, False)
  File "/home/jeremy/src/spambayes/pspam/pspam/profile.py", line 113, in _update
    self.classifier.learn(tokenize(msg), is_spam, False)
TypeError: learn() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

Jeremy