[Spambayes] Re: Important information for Outlook users

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed Nov 27 05:31:27 2002

[Mark Hammond, with an excellent intro to MAPI and Outlook models]

I could think of only one reason why deregistering the addin might have
helped:  email kept coming in *while* I was running delete_outlook_field.py,
so the old field kept getting created again while I was trying to delete it.
This took longer than you think <wink>, because about 50 folders across 3
different .pst files needed cleaning.

I don't care, though.  Repeated poke-and-hope solves everything in the end.
I just wish Outlook had a way to say:  this is my view named Spammie.  I
want the same friggin' view applied to *every* folder that uses Spammie.
But any modification to Spammie appears to affect only a version local to
the folder current at the time of modification.  So this dance has to be
repeated (in my case) about 50 times.

Now that we've got a percent sign, the natural question is "percentage of
what?" <0.9 wink>.