[Spambayes] how to kill process on Windows started with os.spawn?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed Nov 27 17:35:28 2002

I'm trying to coax pop3proxy into running an ssh command in the background,
so my pop sessions can tunnel through an encrypted channel.  On Unix (and
MacOSX) this looks like it will be a breeze.

If I start a process in the background like so:

    pid = os.spawnvp(os.P_NOWAIT, cmd, args)

on Unix systems I can later execute

    os.kill(pid, signal.SIGHUP)

According to the docs, on Windows systems, a process handle is returned from
os.spawn*.  How would I kill that process on Windows, since (once again,
according to the docs), os.kill is only available on Unix systems?

Thx,

Skip