[Spambayes] just an idea

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 02:01:38 -0400

For what it is wroth, in the same way time stamp might be useful, the =
current crop black holes list might be helpful, their problem has always =
be they are a little to touchy, slow to react and a little dangerous for =
a admin due to their draconian nature. I have had my commercial DSL line =
include just because they where DSL lines. but the filter is a little =
more forgiving then a simple binary decision. knowing a ip is a dial up =
line, cable modem, a know spammer address or a open relay could be =
useful in a close call. in fact a real cute application would be for the =
filters to report the spambayes blackhole list automatically, but it =
would not be a blackhole list just one element of the filter used in the =
evaluation. Works nicely with the properties of the filter, should help =
with hammy email that might look spammy, expressly if it a out of the =
norm for the user and the network effect with a little address ageing =
should be self maintaining. The down side those dns queries can be =
expense. Just a thought.

http://relays.osirusoft.com/cgi-bin/rbcheck.cgi

MJM