[Spambayes] Cunning use of quoted-printable

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:21:19 -0400

[Richie Hindle]
> <Grovels apologetically>

No need!  It's amusing, though <wink>.

> Many thanks for the explanation, and sorry to have wasted your time.

Let's be clear about that:  it wasn't a waste of time at all.  Tracking down
the details to the bloody end verified that some key parts of the system are
working as intended, which raises confidence; and made an opportunity to
write a little tutorial on what's going on behind the scenes, which should
be helpful to those who followed it.  If I had to do the same thing every
day, then it would become a drag, but I thought this one a very good use of
time.