[Spambayes] Client/server model

Matt Sergeant msergeant@startechgroup.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 10:45:19 2002

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 20:10, Alexander G. M. Smith wrote:
> Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> wrote:
> > > I'd want the server to do tokenization for consistency reasons.
> > > Particularly if you are also spam filtering news articles and not
> > > just e-mail messages.
> >=20
> > I don't understand this.
>=20
> So that everybody tokenizes the incoming messages in the same way,
> particularly the same way as that used earlier during training.

What does it matter? The worst thing that happens is that the client
gets the wrong answer back, in which case it's a good excuse to get the
client upgraded ;-)

> Also, I'd have the server keep track of spam from other sources,
> such as UseNet news.  Is there anywere else where spam messages
> show up that might need to be included, or is it just mail and
> news?

I'm waiting for spammers to start spamming web based forums. It's
probably harder than usenet since most have local moderation systems in
place, but I suspect it's only a matter of time.

Matt.

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available