[Spambayes] incremental training strategies

Neil Schemenauer nas@python.ca
Mon Oct 28 16:44:05 2002

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I am now running hammie.py from my procmailrc file, but not yet doing any
> filtering based on the results.  I trained it on my current setup (7000
> hams, 5000 spams).  Should I:
>
>     * train it on every message which passes through my inbox
>
>     * only train it on messages which it incorrectly classifies
>
>     * some other scheme
>
> ?  Or is that not yet known?

I've trained twice since I started using "neilfilter.py" two months ago.
One of those times it was because I updated the classifer and tokenizer
code.  I don't see the benefit of elaborate incremental updates.

  Neil