[Spambayes] spamcan release, finally

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
05 Sep 2002 12:47:26 -0700

Although at this point its value is limited (if existant at all),
yesterday I finally got the green light to release my spamcan package.

  http://woozle.org/~neale/src/spamcan/spamcan.html

Who knows, maybe there's something useful in there.  For starters, it
uses an anydbm file back-end.  I don't know that a dbm file is the best
solution, but the way the Debian distribution is set up currently, you
can either have ZODB (Python2.1) or you can have generators
(Python2.2).  I suspect that the dbm method will result is smaller
files, but that just a hunch.

The more I look at classifier.py, the more it looks like something
well-suited for a cdb file (heresy, I know).  But I haven't seen any
data showing that cdb is better in any way than Berkeley DB hashes--all
I've managed to find so far is dogma.

Anyway, if it wasn't obvious before, I'm currently trying to make stuff
run quickly, with as little disk usage as possible.

Aloha :)

Neale