[Spambayes] understanding high false negative rate

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:03:58 -0400

>     >> > ##Remove: jeremy@alum.mit.edu##
>
>     Tim> Yuck: it got two 0.01's from embedding your email address at the
>     Tim> bottom here.
>
> Which suggests that tagging email addresses in To/CC headers should be
> handled differently than in message bodies?

I don't know whether it suggests that, but they would be tagged differently
in to/cc if I were tagging them at all right now.  If I were tagging To:
addresses, for example, the tokens would look like

    'to:email addr:mit'

instead of

    'email addr:mit'

as they appear when an email-like thingie is found in the body.  Whether
email addresses should be stuck in as one blob or split up as they are now
is something I haven't tested.