[Spambayes] hammie.py vs. GBayes.py

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:51:12 -0400

There seem to be two "drivers" for the classifier now: Neale Pickett's
hammie.py, and the original GBayes.py.  According to the README.txt,
GBayes.py hasn't been kept up to date.  Is there anything in there
that isn't covered by hammie.py?  About the only useful feature of
GBayes.py that hammie.py doesn't (yet) copy is -u, which calculates
spamness for an entire mailbox.  This feature can easily be copied
into hammie.py.  (GBayes.py also has a large collection of tokenizers;
but timtoken.py rules, so I'm not sure how interesting that is now.)

Therefore I propose to nuke GBayes.py, after adding a -u feature.

Anyone against?  (I imagine that Skip or Barry might have a stake in
GBayes.py; Tim seems to have moved all code he's working to other
modules.)