[Spambayes] Big spam messages file you care to share?

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:38:18 +1000

>>> Greg Ward wrote
> The biggest artifact is the overwhelming preponderance of bounce
> messages, but that's reality for mail.python.org.  (I bet "MAILER-DAEMON"
> will be a popular ham word.  "qmail", "Exim", and "postfix" might also
> be, since they pop up in bounce messages lot too.)

This reminds me of something that came up yesterday - it's more for the
mimelib list, but it will probably bite here, too. Postfix (at least, the
version we're using) when sending a bounce message, will truncate the bounced
message at some limit (I think it's about 50K). It does this rather abruptly,
to the point where if the message is MIME, it's structure is stuffed (no end
tags, that sorta thing). So when the email parser descends into the message/rfc822,
it barfs out.

Anthony