[Spambayes] pop3proxy.py

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:16:53 -0400

> PPS:  We haven't talking about licensing for this codebase.
>       The SourceForge project page says it's under the PSF (Python
>       Software Foundation) license, and that was certainly my
>       intent.  Would you object to putting pop3proxy.py under the
>       PSF license?  Assigning copyright to, or sharing copyright
>       with, the PSF?

Yes please!  Separate copyright notices and licenses for individual
files are a major pain for any project.

I'm not the project admin, but if I were, I would set a strict rule
that all code committed to the project must use the PSF license unless
special dispensation is requested and obtained from the project
admins.  (This doesn't mean you can't be listed as the author of a
particular file.  But no separate licenses or copyright notices.)  The
PSF is supposed to have rules and forms for contributing code, but
they aren't official yet, pending legal review.  But here are the
drafts:

  http://www.python.org/psf/psf-contributor-agreement.html