[Spambayes] pop3proxy.py

Richie Hindle richie@entrian.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:51:41 +0100

[Neale]
> I hold no claim to the header.  I think as long as the header you add is
> formatted the same, you should use the same name.  If you format it
> differently, probably best to give it a different name.  Better yet, if
> you come up with a better format, check the change in to hammie.py
> too :)

I'd like to use the same header, but there's one problem: POP3 lets you
ask for the size of a message, so pop3proxy needs to add on the length of
the header before it's seen the message.  But X-Hammie-Disposition is
variable-length...  We could make the 'clues' section of the header
optional, so that pop3proxy adds "X-Hammie-Disposition: Yes; 0.99" or
close enough to "formatted the same"?  I'd vote yes - "practicality beats
purity" 8-)

[Tim]
> Guido hates whitespace in the following places:

I'll make it obey the style guide, no problem.

[Tim]
> Would you object to putting pop3proxy.py under the
> PSF license?  Assigning copyright to, or sharing copyright with, the PSF?

Not at all - I only gave it a license to introduce a (theoretically)
enforceable disclaimer.  In the absence of a formal mechanism, you can
take this message as proof that I "transfer rights in and to the
Contribution [...] to the Python Software Foundation" as the draft
agreement puts it.  I'll remove my copyright and the MIT license the next
time I commit.

--
Richie Hindle
richie@entrian.com