[Spambayes] RE: [Spambayes-checkins] spambayes Options.py,1.19,1.20

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:15:05 +1000

>>> Tim Peters wrote
> That's a good change!  What would the testers find *most* convenient?  The
> unwieldy bayescustomize.ini is so named only because there *used* to be a
> bayes.ini too.  If someone wants to make option-processing heavenly instead
> of merely bearable, please do, without regard for backward compatibility --
> in real life, I eat the same thing for lunch every day, even though I don't
> like it <wink>.

Well, fwiw, the way I now do it is to have two files:
bonanza% cat original.ini

[Tokenizer]
basic_header_tokenize: True
mine_received_headers: True

[TestDriver]
show_false_negatives: True
bonanza% cat robinson.ini
[Classifier]
use_robinson_probability: True

[TestDriver]
spam_cutoff: 0.50

to test with old-style scoring, I use BAYESCUSTOMIZE=original.ini
to test exactly the same thing with new-style scoring, I use
BAYESCUSTOMIZE="original.ini robinson.ini" and it's all happy.

Course, we could just replace them all with getopt --longopt options,
but I'm not convinced anyone's going to type

  python timcv.py --basic_header_tokenize --mine_received_headers \
    --show_false_negatives --no-use_robinson_probability --spam_cutoff=0.50

more than once :)

usability-schmusability-so-long-as-I'm-rich'ly,
Anthony