[Spambayes] Spamvolution

Charles Cazabon python-spambayes@discworld.dyndns.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:25:09 -0600

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> wrote:
> > Sorry, Tim, but that's not correct.  Bruce was my cubicle-mate while
> > he was collecting most of that spam, and "bfsmedia" is the company
> > that owns the machines that mail was collected on (they're about ten
> > meters from where I'm currently sitting).  The source of this
> > message was actually pool-209-128-140-231.gent.ipa.net
> > ([209.128.140.231].
>
> Is any of the To: addresses amongst Bruce's set of bait addresses?

Nope.  This message was delivered to "Rose, Ernie & Pat"
<bluegoose.kennels@bfsmedia.com>, which is why
"bfsmedia-bluegood.kennels@bfsmedia.com" shows up in the Delivered-To: line at
the top of the message (it's a qmail-ism resulting from the bfsmedia.com being
a virtual domain -- i.e. the addresses in it /don't/ correspond to Unix
accounts on that server).

This looks like it doesn't belong in the spam corpus -- it's a legitimate
(albeit mass-addressed) piece of mail.  If you and your prize dog were going
to be on national TV for the first time, wouldn't you email everyone in your
addressbook, telling them to watch?  <wink>

Charles
Charles Cazabon                 <python-spambayes@discworld.dyndns.org>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/