[Spambayes] Make your own spam

John Draper crunch@shopip.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:58:06 -0700

I believe a useful exercise would be to try to craft email messages which would fool the classifier. Perhaps the goal should be to try to fabricate (with minimal classifier feedback) messages which score 0.5 likelyhood. Create a message (a 'upam' or 'shpam', for unknown ham/spam) and then guess what it's S/H probability is beforehand, then submit it and see how close your estimate was. I believe these exercises will suggest weaknesses/fortification methods, or at minimum give a better feel for the mechanism.