[Spambayes] Practical applications

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:38:56 -0400

> > 2) I'm not up on the Python Software Foundation License. Does it allow a
> > company to make a proprietary product that incorporates spambayes code or
> > calls it as if from a library?

I'm thinking along this route too.. I have done a fair bit of integration with Exchange,
Lookout, Pegasus Mail, Eudora .. NIMS/NetMail, Groupwise.

They're all in my sites.. I'm just so sick of the amount of spam I get.. Now reaching
about 70% of my daily messages (I get > 200 inbox messages a day.. And all my "lists"
are in digest mode.. so you see I get a lot of spam)

I'm a struggling small business with a passion for Python, I've never been able to afford
a trip to IPC. Maybe productizing this could get me there along with a PSF sponsoring
membership..  ;-)

Or, I could be sued for patent infringement   :-(

I should spend less time on the free stuff, Python CE, Python NetWare..  Or go out and
get a real job.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements