[Spambayes] RE: Further Improvement 2

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:32:02 -0400

> So I expect it would be an easy project to get this code working
> under 2.2, but for someone more conversant with Python than you are
> so far.  It's not something I'm going to do, though -- anyone else?

I can do this in my (and Orlijn's :-) sleep, as long as I can drop
copies of sets.py and heapq.py into the distribution, and as long as
the rest of the developers in the project from then on stop using
2.3-isms.

I think dropping heapq.py and sets.py should be fine w.r.t. the new
LICENSE.txt file -- they both are new code so the old license stack
doesn't apply.  I'm sure the original authors won't mind that their
code is being redistributed under a "different" license. :-)