[Spambayes] RE: Further Improvement 2

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:43:18 -0400

> Ok, I just imported the email package into the spambayes directory.
> I'll now go and update the various uses of the old API.  Of course,
> this relies on that the spambayes directory is on sys.path, so that it
> can find our imported email package.

Um, is this the right approach?  I know I did that for heapq and sets,
because they're not available in any other way.  But the 2.3 email
package is available separately, and (I presume) will also be in
Python 2.2.2 when it comes out in a few weeks.  I'm uncomfortable with
including such a large amount of code that isn't really part of the
project -- tracking the changes in the email package will be more work
than I care for.