Ham or Spam? (was RE: [Spambayes] RE: Central Limit Theorem??!! :))

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:17:52 -0400

> > Attached is the msg that produced those scores.  To my eyes, it
> > doesn't look anything like c.l.py traffic (my ham) *or* like spam
> > -- it looks like a fishing newletter someone signed up for.  My
> > best guess is that it's really ham, mistakenly filed as spam in
> > bruceg's collection.  Whaddya think?

> Notice that this is the same envelope recipient that produced the other
> bewildering false positive (the dog show/TV one).  I'm starting to think
> that perhaps Bruce filed all mail to this address as spam for some reason
> (expired account, perhaps).

I grepped the spam collection for bluegoose.kennels.  It occurs a
*lot*, so I guess it was one of Bruce's bait addresses.

I've received lots of spams that try to look like legitimate
newsletters for some specialty topic.