[Spambayes] to From_ or not to From_?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:43:30 -0400

[Guido]
> In Tim's setup, *every file* in the directory is used;

This is so.

> and the messages *do* have Unix From lines.

Actually, none of mine do, because BruceG's spam didn't.  I removed all the
"From " lines from the c.l.py archive to match that (easier than inventing
such lines for Bruce's msgs).  I don't know that it makes any difference for
the way I run the tests, but it certainly could make a difference if "From "
lines were getting mined for clues.  I forced all my msgs alike in this
respect just to cut off that possibility.