[Spambayes] Latest spammer trick stymied

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 21:15:55 EST 2003

[Tim[
> OTOH, I don't exepct 1-URL spam to survive -- there's no motivation to
> click the link.

[Toby Dickenson]
> Curiosity? There are few clues to the human that it is spam too.

I talked about the novelty factor before, and didn't want to repeat it.  For
1-URL spam to *survive* means we see lots of them over time.  As a 1-shot
trick it may be effective, but it gets old very fast, and I can't imagine
anyone clicking on a link like

    http://abcdefgh.lewdmother.com

a second time <wink>.

BTW, don't click on that -- it's a live URL, and lewdmother.com doesn't care
what you (or they) put before the first dot.  It's an obnoxious porn site
that pops up a sequence of browser windows in full-screen mode.  Clicking on
just one of those would be enough to stop just about anyone from clicking on
a 1-URL msg from a stranger again.