[Spambayes] IMAP

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Apr 4 13:25:05 EST 2003

>> There currently is no imap proxy in spambayes.  It is a documented
>> feature request, but nobody has picked it up as of yet.  I think
>> the problem (certainly from my point of view) is that imap servers
>> to test against are not nearly as common as pop3 servers.
> I was going to have a look at this because I use IMAP, but
> haven't got round to it, and quite probably never will.

Just how high is the demand for an IMAP solution for spambayes?  (Speak
up!).  I'm happy (as is TimS I think) to do the coding necessary since
it's probably pretty similar to the pop3proxy stuff anyway, but (as
we've both said) we don't have IMAP accounts to test against (anyone
know of free ones from anywhere?).

If there are enough people who want it, and who will do the testing,
then I'll still do the coding, although it'll be a much slower process
than otherwise.