[Spambayes] IMAP

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 4 08:27:00 EST 2003

    Oliver> As for servers, on my random sample of 2 ISPs, I found they both
    Oliver> supported IMAP, although they didn't promote it. I just tried
    Oliver> setting up an IMAP connection to their POP3 servers, and it
    Oliver> worked!

And why should they?  From their perspective it only leads to greater
consumption of their disk space.  Northwestern is going through these IMAP
machinations right now.  Adding quotas, sending out warning messages (by
email!), finally spooling over-quota IMAP storage off to tape.  It's gonna
be a mess.

Skip