[Spambayes] Installation Problems: no runnable browser, OR connection refused

Fri Apr 4 13:29:05 EST 2003

4/4/2003 1:04:06 PM, Joseph Dal Molin <dalmolin at e-cology.ca> wrote:

>I have just installed Spambayes on Mandrake 9.0 and cannot get the
>browser based configuration going. I have tried connecting direclty via
>http://localhost:8880/ and get a connection refused reply AND I have
>tried to launch the browser using both the pop3proxy.py script and doing
>a self test of Dibbler.py...the following is what I get:

I presume you're using the -b startup option.  This will make the pop3proxy
try to start up a default browser window, which python is unable to find on
your installation for some reason.  Simply leave the option off, start your
browser yourself, and point it to localhost:8880  - TimS

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,