[Spambayes] smart spam

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Apr 5 02:18:40 EST 2003

[Richard Jowsey]
> Yet another example of a "low molecular mass" spam. This one gets
> 0.7053 as-is through my well-trained system, with URL slurping turned
> off. Still unsure. Probably needs to see another half dozen of these
> little nuisances before it knows what's what...
>
> But, as one might expect, the URL's html content earns a spam prob of
> exactly 1.0! RIP.

A cute thing is that the

    http://www.lowratemortgages.info/lead2345

page also tries to hide most of its text:  the "100's of Lenders Compete for
Your Loan ..." business is itself hiding in a JPEG.  They left plenty of
incriminating evidence in the TITLE and the FORM, though.  Now let's see
whether you scrape the URL and call *this* msg spam <wink>.