[Spambayes] Re: IMAP

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Apr 7 17:10:42 EDT 2003

> Someone on this list suggested earlier having a look at
> imapspambegone, an IMAP front end for SpamAssassin. I can
> vouch that imapspambegone ( or isbg for short:
> decent place to start hacking an IMAP front end for spambayes.

When this was suggested I took a look at this and did base v0.0 of the
filter I've put together on isbg.  There's just about nothing from it
there now (although there is an acknowledgement).

I'll commit the imap filter this afternoon, I think, as unfinished as it
is, so that people can start commenting on it.

> II) suggested that if
> there were a command line version of spambayes
> (hammiefilter?) that produced return codes that could
> distinguish between spam, unsure, and ham, isbg already could
> deal with spambayes via isbg's --sasave and --satest
> command-line arguments.

This certainly can be done.  And for a 30 second solution, you could use
this, plus the smtpproxy to train, and that would be that.  I think that
ideally, however, we'll need something ourselves so that we can work the
training (and whatever else) in.