[Spambayes] Note on SPAM

Steve Davis sgdavis at koyote.com
Fri Apr 11 13:05:40 EDT 2003

Dear Sir,

First, I sincerely apologize if this causes any annoyance. I am fully aware
how irritated many people get when a person poses a question or makes a
suggestion without first checking out documentation or at least reading a
FAQ. I admit to not having read things as of yet in order to determine the
most proper place to send such e-mail.

I have been using the internet for close to two decades and one thing I have
found to be true about SPAM, without exception. Every e-mail whose header
shows that it was received from a mailer whose alias resolved to an unknown
IP address has been SPAM. Frankly, I've been on the lookout for even 1
legitimate e-mail that resolved to "unknown" -- still haven't come across
one. I'm not very adept at programming so have never been able to create a
SPAM removal program.

If your developers are already aware of this or just deem it as useless info
please pardon my intrusion. If not, might I impose on you to relate this to
the developers?

Have a good day!

Steve Davis
sgdavis at koyote.com