[Spambayes] pop3proxy problems

Greg Thomas Greg at TheThomasHome.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 23:24:22 EDT 2003


SpamBayes was recommended to me, so I thought I'd give it a go on my
Win2K PC. I downloaded and installed Python 2.2, downloaded and
installed version 2.5 of the email package, and renamed away the old
one. I then installed spambayes-1.0a2 and downloaded pop3proxy.

I followed the instructions, and created a bayescustomize.ini with a
pop3proxy_servers: entry, but that failed ("pop3proxy_servers &
pop3proxy_ports are different lengths!") so I added a 
pop3proxy_ports: 110 line too. That seemed to get the pop3proxy going

But, when I tried to access the UI on http://localhost:8880/ I just
get the following error in Mozilla:

500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "c:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\Dibbler.py", line 398, in found_terminator
    getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

  File "pop3proxy.py", line 706, in onHome

  File "c:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\PyMeldLite.py", line 710, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, "No element or attribute named %r" % name

AttributeError: No element or attribute named 'findMessage'

I've double checked just about everything, but can't see what I'm
doing wrong. I've never used Python before, so I'd be grateful fro any



More information about the Spambayes mailing list