[Spambayes] Pop mailbox filtering

Mon Apr 14 01:13:34 EDT 2003

4/14/2003 12:05:26 AM, Jan Fure <list2003 at fure.net> wrote:

>My biggest qualm is the possible event that spam with a fake 'Reply-To:'
>field cauces me to send unsolicited E-mail to innocent third parties.
>But I will live with this possibility, I still think my behavior is
>just, but possibly not gentle.

This is a huge problem, made even larger by the fact that you're not the one
who has to live with it.  In your case, someone would only receive a single
bounce from you.   But if spambayes were being used by millions of people, and
a single spam with a reply-to that is an innocent real address (this DOES
happen) were sent to those millions, that individual would receive an
incredible flood of mail.  This is THE reason we do not do this kind of thing.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,