[Spambayes] Re: imapfilter mangling headers!

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Apr 17 11:03:40 EDT 2003

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim at fourstonesExpressions.com> writes:

> Keeping in mind that this is still classified as alpha level software... We
> are currently writing the documentation so you don't have to discover this
> stuff for yourself, and the configuration prog so you can do this through your
> browser.  It will modify a file named bayescustomize.ini, which is where your
> Options.py modifications should go.

<snip>

> At any rate, you should probably refrain from
> using the filter on your production mailbox until we figure out what happened
> when it looked at your system.  To quote a post from a few days ago: "IMAP
> seems to be a really flukey kind of interface, and until it's been used
> on lots of imap servers, by lots of people, I won't be convinced that it's
> really correct."

See, what happened was that I got back from my travels and finally
decided to apply some of the very helpful advice I'd gotten about how
to set up server-side filtering.  A post by you said:

    ``You should start by reading
    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/applications.html.  There is a
    link to a page called "guide to integrating hammie with your
    mailer" on that page that should give you some good starting
    points.''

Which I did.  I followed the link, which actually led to
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/INTEGRATION.txt,
which told me all about imapfilter.py... which I guess is a new thing
that wasn't around a few weeks ago when you gave me these directions?

Anyway, if I should start somewhere else, please let me know.   I
think that with some work I could create mbox files of the IMAP
messages I have classified if I have to.

BTW, it appears that one or the other of my mailers actually deleted
the messages that imapfilter marked as deleted as it moved things
into UnsureBox.

FWIW-ly,
Dave

--