[Spambayes] imapfilter mangling headers!

Thu Apr 17 10:20:19 EDT 2003

4/17/2003 9:14:19 AM, Oliver Maunder <lists at olivermaunder.co.uk> wrote:

>Here are my results...
>
>C:\spambayes>imapfilter.py -d imapfilter.db -t -v
>imapfilter.db is a new pickle
>Done.
>Training
>Training took 72.5730000734 seconds, 0 messages were trained
>Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute
>'error'
>" in <bound method _Database.__del__ of <dumbdbm._Database instance at
>0x009B059
>0>> ignored
>
>Again, 0 messages trained. I've got 122 messages in my ham-train folder,
>and 95 in the spam-train folder.
>
>imapfilter.py seems to be reading the folder names from
>bayescustomize.ini OK, because when I tell it to classify, it dumps
>everything into the Unsure folder. Which is reasonable if it thinks it
>hasn't been trained on anything!

Clearly we have a problem in training.

>I get that error message at the end whenever I run imapfilter.py - even
>if I just do "imapfilter.py -h" - it prints out the help text, and tacks
>that error onto the end. Given the other problems, it could be significant.

This is a bug in dumbdbm.  You should have the proper version of bsddb
installed, and the system will then automatically select that version rather
than dumbdbm.  Installing that will require migrating your training database,
which can be accomplished with dbExpImp.py.  Also, if you do, you'll need to
delete spambayes.msginfo.db, which may make the filter reclassify some
messages, but shouldn't really hurt anything.  The other alternative is to
live with the exception, which doesn't really hurt anything.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,