[Spambayes] training via email forwarding

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 18 10:24:58 EDT 2003

    r$> I'd like to train the filter by forwarding email messages to it.  I
    r$> can do that easily by using the subject line or the "+" convention,
    r$> has in "rsalz+train-spam" as a mailbox.  It's easy to see how to set
    r$> up procmail rules to catch those.  The work to unwrap the outer MIME
    r$> wrapper, and process the forwarded message, should be easy for you
    r$> folks to add, saving me the trouble of having to wrestle with
    r$> MIME.py :)

How about just "b"ouncing the messages to the correct mailbox?  It will add
a few new headers (several Resent-This-N-That's and maybe a couple extra
Received headers), but those should generally be ignored or could be
stripped by an appropriate formail command in your procmailrc file.

Skip