[Spambayes] Getting started

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Fri Apr 18 17:57:26 EDT 2003

And I mean *really* getting started. I've been following this list for
months, but haven't actually knuckled down to use it. Now it's time. I will
be using the pop3proxy approach, but I don't think I even have Python on
this system, and I've never used CVS at all on any system.

I started by downloading TortoiseCVS, which seems to be properly installed.
I guessed that Python would be the next step, so from that area I learned I
should be using something like this:
    cvs
    -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python
    login

Based on that, I start a TortoiseCVS Checkout using the following settings:

Protocol: Password server (:pserver:)
Server: cvs.sourceforge.net
Port: <blank> or 2401
Repository directory: /cvsroot/python
User name: anyonymous
Module: CVSROOT

When I proceed, I get this message:

     In C:\Source: cvs -q checkout -P CVSROOT
     CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python

     cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real
     password

     U CVSROOT/checkoutlist
     U CVSROOT/commitinfo
     U CVSROOT/config
     U CVSROOT/cvsignore
     U CVSROOT/cvswrappers
     U CVSROOT/editinfo
     U CVSROOT/loginfo
     U CVSROOT/modules
     U CVSROOT/notify
     U CVSROOT/rcsinfo
     U CVSROOT/syncmail
     U CVSROOT/taginfo
     U CVSROOT/verifymsg

     Success, CVS operation completed

However, the resulting folder only includes 16 files for a total of 72 KB
of disk. Somehow I don't think that's what I'm supposed to end up with, and
it certainly doesn't tell me what I should do next. What simple, bonehead
thing am I missing here?

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,