[Spambayes] Getting started

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Fri Apr 18 18:43:09 EDT 2003

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions wrote:

> Well, it's about time!  <wink>

Stipulated

> Ok, my first recommendation would be to download the alpha2 version, which is
> pretty much self consistent and functional.  The current cvs versions are in
> considerable flux at the moment, and you'll likely end up as frustrated as
> David Abrahams if you try to use it...  Alpha2 is available on the website as
> a zip or a tarball.

It seems that things are so much in flux that I would be better off either waiting
until at least a beta is done, or staying up to date with the current development.
At least right now it seems like every problem is getting dealt with in a matter
of hours, while it could be days or weeks before alpha3 comes along. If I'm going
to be on the bleeding edge, I want a good view from the front, damn it!

> But... if you really want to install cvs, there are some specific instructions
> on the sourceforge main site for how to install and configure a client.  You
> have to do some stuff to get a certificate installed on sourceforge, etc.,
> etc.  It's a bit of a pain, but it really does work once you get set up.

I saw that, but it appeared to only apply if you wanted to commit, I have no
expectation of committing any code back to the project. Of course, if the only way
to do it is to setup that way, then I could just refrain from committing any
changes I make (certainly easy enough). But I did get the impression that
anyonymous read-only access was supposed to be available.

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,