[Spambayes] Getting started

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Apr 18 22:18:08 EDT 2003

[G. Armour Van Horn]
> I started by downloading TortoiseCVS, which seems to be properly
> installed.  I guessed that Python would be the next step, so from that
> area I learned I should be using something like this:
>     cvs
>     -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python
>     login

Hmm.  I hope you're not trying to download Python from CVS.  Which OS are
you using?  I'm guessing some flavor of Windows, based on the version of CVS
you're using.  In that case, download the Windows installer for Python
instead:

    http://www.python.org/2.2.2/

I'm the guy who builds that installer, and I know for a fact that not
particularly bright 7-year-olds have installed Python from it without any
help.  But if you get stuck, don't be shy about asking <wink>.