[mimelib-devel] Fwd: [Spambayes] Email package and the CRLFpair

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Apr 19 13:21:44 EDT 2003

> I can see an option to Generator.flatten() to produce text
> representations in CRLF format.  Since we're trying to design
> a better interface to the Generator anyway, this is
> definitely a reasonable thing to discuss.

I don't pretend to have any expertise here, but I think that option
sounds like a good idea.  Go ahead and add it to the discussion :)
(Nice timing for our problem to come up while you're discussing it...)

> I probably wouldn't want it to be the default though, since
> it's simply more convenient to deal with newline line
> termination, and practicality beats purity. :)

Fair enough :)

> Note that the Parser should be able to handle any of the
> common line endings.

Some imap servers seem to as well...but one was strict enough to
consider messages with only \n as having no headers and only a
body...(apologies if I offend anyone here, but the more I use it, the
more I dislike imap...)

I've submitted a bug, so hopefully this'll get done sooner or later (it
should be easy enough to do).  For our (spambayes) purposes we'll just
do it ourselves since we have to be compatible with Python 2.2.