[Spambayes] training via email forwarding

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Apr 19 14:27:25 EDT 2003

> I'm not using the proxy; I use IMAP.  I use spambayes to
> filter the mail as it comes in.  If something slips through,
> I want to forward an email message to s-b and have it train
> appropriately.

How fixed on forwarding are you?  You can use the imap filter to train
only and not classify (-t option).  The way this works is that you move
mail you want to train into certain folders (you specify which ones).

A week or so ago I offered training options for imap, one of which was
forwarding, and no-one went for that one (they all liked the folder
method more).

However, if you're using SMTP for outgoing mail, you can still use the
smtpproxy if we set it up to work forwarding whole messages as well as
via a message key.  Let me know if you want me to put something together
and check it in.