[Spambayes] training via email forwarding

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Apr 19 14:58:52 EDT 2003

> > You can use the imap filter to train
> > only and not classify (-t option).  The way this works is that you
> > move mail you want to train into certain folders (you specify which
> > ones).
>
> A cron job that runs mboxtrain periodically would do it.

If (when?) you do get this going, it would be great if you could post it
to the list so that we can add it to the integration docs.

> > However, if you're using SMTP for outgoing mail,
> I don't want to / can't run a server on the mail server.

Fair enough with the don't want to (and it saves me a job!).  You don't
need to run a server, though.  The SMTP proxy just proxies to whatever
server your MUA connects to.  So your MUA connects to localhost, but
thinks it's connecting to smtp.example.com.