[Spambayes] Re: imapfilter mangling headers!

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sat Apr 19 08:36:36 EDT 2003

"Meyer, Tony" <T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz> writes:

>> Indeed.  The UI script even has a syntax error (missing a
>> colon).
>
> Well, there aren't any scripts that use the UI module, so that really
> shouldn't matter.

?!? You can't even invoke the script unless it can be compiled!

> And even the trial ones that I haven't checked in
> don't use that function...

How did you manage to test them?

> It's fixed now, anyway.
>
>> Is there someplace I can look for the syntax of
>> bayescustomize.ini now?  In the meantime, I guess I am going
>> to hack Options.py again :(
>
> I still don't understand why you need to touch Options.py.

Because there's no obvious documentation which describes what goes in
bayescustomize.ini.

I wrote a bayescustomize.ini, but the entries seemed to be ignored.

> In fact, given the new format, it is *highly* unadvisable.  Add any
> configuration you need to in your bayescustomize.ini, or wait a day
> or two and use the web ui when access is provided to it.

I have serious doubts that I'll be able to run a browser on the
machine where I want to do this, so I don't think the web ui will be
an option.

> bayescustomize.ini uses the standard configuration format.

...which is documented where?

> The options you need are [imap] server, port, username, password
> (unless you use the -p option) and the folders.  You probably need
> to set the pop3proxy options that specify where the database should
> be filed.
>
> Sorry this isn't the easiest of options, but this is all still very much
> in early development.  It's still really only suitable for testing, not
> for production use.

That part I can understand.

--
Dave Abrahams