[Spambayes] pop3proxy_port, pop3proxy_server_name andpop3proxy_server_port options

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Apr 20 08:42:10 EDT 2003

    Skip> What's the purpose of pop3proxy_ports?  Can the ports to listen to
    Skip> be inferred from the pop3proxy_servers list?

    >> From my memory, this allow to have one ip adresse (127.0.0.1) serving
    >> for more than one pop server. Something like
    >>
    >> pop3proxy_ports: 110, 1100
    >> pop3proxy_servers: pop3.example.com:110, pop3.example2.com:110

    Tony> That's exactly it.  I must admit, I was very confused when I first
    Tony> used pop3proxy about what these did.  pop3proxy_listen_ports or
    Tony> pop3proxy_proxy_ports would probably be a better name, but option
    Tony> names are not easily changed...

Still, if they are better named something other than what they are today, it
will only be harder to change them later, especially after another release.
Also, since we now have a proper hierarchy in our option names shouldn't we
zap the "pop3proxy_" prefix?

    [pop3proxy]
    listen_ports: 110, 1100
    remote_servers: pop3.example.com:110, pop3.example2.com:110

Skip